On Saturday I went to the Bakes and cakes show (not the cakes and bakes show but yeah the names are way too similar). This was a show hosted by BBC Good Food which meant there were loads of special guests like Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. I learnt a lot about cake making methods and baking tips from many influential people. For example did you know that you can make your own Vanilla essence by adding vanilla pods to vodka and leaving it for a few months and also the little bottles of vanilla essence you buy in shops hasn't actually got vanilla in its just artificial flavouring. I really wanted to take photos but I stupidly forgot my camera chip at home which is a shame because some of the competition cakes were truly amazing. I also picked up many little things from the amazing selection of stores they had there. Links Below.
Firstly these 3 little Jam pots from the company 'thelittlemarmalade.com'. So unfortunately they only sell small pots for £1.50 each. Although rather pricey for the amount the flavour combinations were very interesting and I come from a very jam loving family. So I picked up the flavours Fig and lavender, Strawberry and Rose, and Plum and Chamomile.
I also bought this really nice striped ribbon as i thought it would look really nice on top of some brown paper for my Christmas presents and give a really nice vintage look. They had and amazing range of ribbons and they all looked really nice. This is from a company called Bertie's Bows and it cost me £1.95
This was probably my most exciting purchase because if you have seen my earlier post on bubble tea you'll know I love it so when I stumbled upon this small stall selling Green Apple and Blueberry Popping Boba I was so happy. For those who don't know, popping boba are little balls filled with juice held together by a skin made from a special type of seaweed. These taste amazing and have a very strong flavour that is scrumptious. I bought these for £2.50 a pack and come in five flavours Blueberry, Green Apple, Strawberry, Lychee and Passion fruit.
This food flavouring came from an amazing company called 'Foodie Flavours' and have 48 different flavours, ranging from Champagne to passion fruit to Xmas pudding. This specific bottle cost me £3.50 and I love it the Cola flavour is mixed with spices to create a arm sweet smell. I am planning to use this in a chocolate cupcake with cherry jam in the middle and Cola butter-cream.
Lastly theese are probally the weirdest things and i'm still not sure I complelty understand them but there called 'Hot and Cold Sweets' and they have been made half and half with sugar that is heat reflecting and sugar that is heat absorbing then creating a hot and cold sensation in your mouth. I got theese for a friend as a christmas present as they were £5 and a bit expensive just to buy for myself. They are also diabetic.
http://thelittlemarmalade.co.uk/
http://www.bertiesbows.co.uk/
http://popaball.co.uk/collections/all
http://www.foodieflavours.com/
https://www.facebook.com/FlavourSenseNation
No comments:
Post a Comment