So
the other day I took a day trip to Portobello Road in Notting Hill where there
is a huge market stall that runs down the whole road. It starts of as a mainly
antique market then merges into a food market but there are some other little
stalls and quirky shops around the market. I was close to the end when I
noticed a cheap make up stall. I had seen these before but never had been very
impressed by them, where as this one had a huge selection of all sorts of nail
varnish and other types of makeup. They had a very mixed selection and there
were two selections some bottles priced at £1 which were the unknown brands
that looked a bit cheaper or more high street brands which were cheap anyway.
Then I realised in the £2 box there were a mixture of Nails Inc, Ciaté and most
importantly OPI nail varnish. They were obviously the colours that didn’t sell
as well as there weren’t many of the normal colours by that I mean a more matte
nail varnish. They were mostly whites, really dark shades, crackle or metallic.
I picked up three of the metallic ones as the woman who owned the stall gave
them to me 3 for £5. I bought the colours 'Call Me Classy', Jade In The Shade'
and Grant My Wish'. Also I was worried that they weren’t genuine products but
from the colour range and the brushes and quality of the nail varnish on my
nails they seem to be pretty real. I would just like to say as well OPI nail
varnishes usually RRP around £11 a bottle so I got a £28 discount on these
which I can’t argue with. There are many of these stalls from what I’ve seen
but as there usually quite messy and everything is just chucked together it’s
hard to see the gems hidden underneath. There are also many good and high
quality charity shops in the little off streets of Portobello road one which
even had some Vivienne Westwood boots for around £20.
I hoped this help because it defiantly made me realise that paying full price for OPI is now pointless and if there is certain colour you want most of them are on sale on amazon and other websites for around £5-£6.
Thats all for now folks
Kerri x
No comments:
Post a Comment